Automating simple and repetitive tasks in your business can be a lot easier and more cost effective than you think.
Workshop 1: Understanding and identifying opportunities for automation: 12th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 2: Implementing automation in your business: 19th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
Workshop 3: Implementing your automation plan: 26th November 2021 – 10 AM – 12 PM
About this event
This ‘Digital Skills Academy’ topic will provide you with the tools and understanding required to identify tasks from across your business that can be automated, how to get the best out of your existing technology and how to go about the automation process. It combines three interlinked, action orientated Masterclasses designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support needed to identify and automate processes across your business. By the end you will have identified which processes to automate, how you can use your existing technology to drive automation and developed an implementation plan.
Workshop 1: Understanding and identifying opportunities for automation
12th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will develop your understanding of automation and how to spot opportunities for automation in all areas of your business.
• What is automation and how does it relate to your business?
• Identify how you could use your existing technology to automate processes across your business, e.g. finance, production, administration, marketing, customer service etc.
• Understand where new software may be required to automate processes.
• Identify opportunities for automation and how to go about it.
• Post Masterclass exercise: each attendee to choose something they can easily automate to get the ball rolling with and without the need for external agency support.
Workshop 2: Implementing automation in your business
19th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will begin to firm up your automation opportunities and frame their implementation.
• Review exercise from first Masterclass to look at what automation opportunities delegates have identified.
• Defining your automation project requirements and how best to tackle implementation.
• Begin to explore more advanced automation strategies and options and future technology needs.
• Discuss some of the downsides to automation and how to address these challenges.
• Post Masterclass exercise: develop an internal project team and outline implementation plan, outlining key skills needed, how you will achieve buy in and find resources, and what are the critical success factors
Workshop 3: Implementing your automation plan
26th November – 10 AM – 12 PM
This 2-hour Masterclass will focus on bringing it all together and delivering your automations.
• Review exercise from second Masterclass to consider ideas about how delegates will implement their automation plan, plus assess key learning points.
• Delivering an effective automation project, overcoming obstacles and managing change.
• Define how you will measure the success of your automation.
• Define how you will refine and adapt your automations over time and identify new automation opportunities.
• Discussion to review plans, identify skills requirements and to resources needed, and look at support available to execute the plan including Digital Catalyst support.
About the facilitator:
Andrew Armitage is the founder and director of multi award-winning digital agency A Digital. With over 20 years’ experience working on digital projects for companies, including ExxonMobil and the NHS, leading visitor attraction Windermere Lake Cruises and renowned paper manufacturer James Cropper plc, Andrew has seen and worked on digital projects of all sizes.
A Digital typically work with B2B clients in professional services, tourism and hospitality, manufacturing, food and drink and both B2B and B2C eCommerce. Andrew’s passion is demonstrating the benefits technology can bring to businesses with great design, and sharing his knowledge so others can raise their digital game to drive business growth in the modern economy.
*Please note that these masterclasses are recorded and made available for viewing on online platforms. By registering, you consent to the masterclass being recorded and shared.