There has never been a better time for SMEs to employ young people. This briefing will explore the various government schemes that can help
The Government’s new “Plan for Jobs” is set to transform how young people enter the workplace, and also how businesses can make the most of young talent. But what does this actually mean for Humber employers?
This briefing will see a line-up of speakers representing the Government (Department for Education), the Job Centre, business support providers, and employers themselves. The session will close with a panel Q&A where questions can be asked of all panel members.
By attending this breakfast briefing, you will learn about the schemes that form the “Plan for Jobs” – including the Kickstarter Scheme, Apprenticeships and Traineeships, as well as the newly launched T-Level work based qualifications. You will get detailed guidance about how to offer work placements to young people on the Kickstart Scheme, and you will also hear from an employer just how valuable taking on apprentice has been for their business. Finally, you will hear advice and guidance from a leading HR consultant about how to make sure that young people can form a key part of your business, and how to get your recruitment and staff development as ‘right’ as it can be.
Who is this session for?
- Any business that wants to recruit and develop young people in their workforce
- Any employer that wants to know more about the Kickstart Scheme
- Any employer that wants to know more about Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Any business that wants to hear cutting edge advice and guidance about recruitment and develop young people in their workforce
What you’ll take away:
- Insight into the various schemes offered under Plan for Jobs, including the Kickstart Scheme, Apprenticeships, Traineeships and T-Level work-based qualifications
- Detailed guidance on how to offer work placements to young people on the Kickstart scheme
- Hear from employers like you about how valuable taking on an apprentice has been for their business
- Advice from a leading HR consultant on how to make your recruitment and development of young talent as successful and cost-effective as possible
Who you’ll be hearing from:
This webinar will be hosted by a range of speakers including representatives from the Government’s Department of Education and the Job Centre, business support providers and local employers. It will finish with an interactive Q&A session where you’ll be able to ask any questions you may have about investing in young talent for your business.
9am – 9:10am – Welcome & Briefing Introduction – Humber LEP representative
9:10am – 9:30am – The “Plan for Jobs – Apprenticeships, Traineeships, T-Levels and the Kickstart Scheme” – Victoria Dixon, Department for Education
9:30am – 9:45am – The Kickstart Scheme, What Is It & How to Get Involved – Martin Hewitson, Department for Work & Pensions
9:45am – 10:00am – Advice and Guidance for SME employers when recruiting and developing young people – Louise Clubley, Humber HR People
10:00am – 10:15am – How a Degree Apprentice Boosted My Business – Mark Edwards, Rent East Yorkshire Ltd
10:15am – 10:30am – Panel Q&A – All speakers, chaired by Humber LEP representative
10.30am – Close
**You will receive a link to the webinar once you have booked your place**
**The webinar will be delivered via ‘GotoWebinar’ video conferencing software**